9.18.2011

I win at EVE

First, I must make a comment on the recent updates that have been deployed on TQ.  It should be noted that CCP has decided that our "Hot-Swapping" with Orcas is an exploit and has fixed it.  You can no longer swap ships while under fire from any entity in game (Player, Rat, Drone, etc.).  CCP has also decided that ship icons will only show up when a scanning hit is at 25% or higher. 

This has not phased us.  As if to say "Fuck You CCP!" TEARS alliance has destroyed or captured well over 20 Billion ISK worth of BPO's, Mission Runner ships and AFK idiots.  We win at EVE.

Now as to why I win at EVE.  I have been sort of away from EVE for the last 20 days or so.  I log into check my accounts, but as far as playing I haven't done much of anything.  Why? I got a new PC (It came!) and it came with some new games.  I've been trying them out.  So yesterday when I started to Ninja I surprised myself at getting 5 or 6 kills in the space of about 24 hours.  This includes a Rattlesnake, a Iteron Mark V, Myrmidon, Vexor and an Abbadon. 

The rattlesnake was my first big kill and it was solo (woot!).  The Vexor was some douche-bag who hunts ninjas and decided to loot my can.  The Iteron was an idiot who looted from a can of ours in the belt.  The Myrmidon was my first kill of the month as he shot me mid-mission.  I also managed to social engineer a Brutix to shoot me but he ejected.  I'll get to the Abbadon in a minute.

I was sad after the Rattlesnake kill.  I warped to a double MR mission with a Domi Navy and a Maelstrom in my Worm.  They were in world's collide and when I looted their mission objective the DNI boxed me.  I got excited and pretended to mind my own business as his Mael friend went and looked in the can.  But that's when I screwed up.  I slowed down and lost transversal with the Domi and also at the same time picked up full room aggro as I orbited a wreck I was salvaging.  Derp.  I had 25% shield when the Domi turned his 5 guard II's on me.  Let's just say I barely got my transversal up as I hit 50% structure.  There were a lot of alarms going off.  I pointed the Domi Navy and tried to recover shield.  The Garde II's started to fail to hit me and my shields recovered. 

I had hope then.  My shields were now at 20% and I was taking little damage.

Unfortunately, this Domi Navy was smart.  He pulled his Garde II's and popped Hobgoblins.  Sadface, I melted in about a minute as I tried to align out but failed to warp in time.  The worm died admirably.

So I was pissed and rage went AFK. It was a while till I came back.

I was still pissed until I went to the Abbadon that would be my last kill of the night.  Here is a story of epicness.

I got a scan for an Abbadon last night and went and bugged the guy for a bit. He was two months old and had T1 Valkyries out during a Sansha mission, I was hopeful that he would shoot. But alas, all this noobiness seemed in vain. He didn't even shoot me for helping him to collect bounties as he could not kill the rats.

Then I flipped his mission objective, a group of 50 prisoners, from his can into mine. He kept burning at it, slowly, until he was right on top of it and then the can disappeared. He goes red, I point, orbit at 20km and mention the fact in fleet chat (I was on the phone as this happened) and then a minute or so later shout in mumble.

The five of us who were there (Me, Waags, Ullus, Vipah and Zav) were dicking around and generally trying to get as much lol out of this guy as we could. We swapped to frigates and ransomed him for a total of 120 million ISK, which was cool for a n00by Abbadon. When he refused point blank to pay more, we popped him.

That's when Zav kinda freaked out, scooped loot and said something about “warping to station right away with a ton of shinies” and “you're not going to believe this”. I don't think any of us believed it at first. But there it was, 3.8 billion ISK destroyed to top the kill boards for the night.

I win at EVE.

Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment