8.28.2011

Line 'Em Up, Knock 'Em Down!

Yesterday was a great day to be a ninja!

I logged on in Tintoh yesterday with little expectations for my chances of getting shot.  I started scanning and got a few battleship hits, so I scanned down the one that was already pretty much done for and and it was a Raven.

So I swapped to the Worm and went to visit the Raven in his Sansha mission, a single room mission with lots of rats.  He was not pleased to see me and since he only had aggro from 1/4 of the rats he engaged.  What ensued was the most intense Ninja v. Bear pvp I've ever had the pleasure to take part in!  He had about 3 flights of 5 tech II drones and my worm had picked up aggro from the remaining 3/4 of the rats.  That said, I still managed pop most of the first flight of drones until he recalled them.  Then he stopped shooting me, which was suspicious.  I was sure he was locking up my drones!

Sure enough,  a few moments later he popped drones again and one of my Warrior II's went into structure.  Oh No!  I did the same trick to him, except my locking time was 2 seconds rather than a minute.  He and I did this for a while but then I noticed his tank was breaking to the rats.  So I decided to help them!  Web, Rockets and 5 Warrior II's was apparently the DPS needed to break him.  He died in a brilliant ball of fire!  Silly Carebear =D

Well, he apparently hadn't had enough of a beating (I think he was more mad that he died to a frigate) and decided to come back!  I had to warp out after trying to loot the wreck cause I now had full aggro from all the rats and when I stopped moving, I went into armor!  Oh NO!  I swapped to the jaguar and returned to the mission.  I warped the Orca to the gate of his mission at the same time for whatever my reasons were.  Oh yeah, I had warped it in so as to swap to the Legion to kill the Raven, but I didn't want to bring in the Orca yet.  So the Orca's sitting on the warp gate, I'm in a jaguar in the mission looting his Raven wreck when all of a sudden he's back, in a Drake! 

My ninja senses were tingling that this guy was probably web fit to catch me and since there was no need to burn right at him yet I simply orbitted at 22km and pointed him while I warped in the Orca.  I knew there was going to be trouble so I asked for reps in a ninja chat channel where I knew there was at least one active ninja in system with me.  He kindly warped in to rep my jaguar as I burned towards the drake to swap.  When the Orca was 8km out, I swapped to the legion (the drake had stopped moving, but he was originally going faster than my Orca at approx. 385 m/s) and pointed him.  I started to orbit the Orca who was set on approach to the drake.  This was fine for me as I had the drake webbed as well.  The drake melted and refused a ransom for a second time.  So I finished him off and stole more loot!  Hurray!  (Note how I was right about webs... he really wanted me dead!) Two kills in about 20 minutes!

About a minute into scanning for new guys to kill there came a shout in the same ninja chat from the same guy who had repped me that he needed reps!  Well shit, he helped me I might as well help him!  He had been about to warp to the guys mission when a corpmate had pinned him down on bottom station and then 4 more corpies had warped in.  So I warped the Orca and my Basilisk in so as to get red and sure enough, a Tengu boxes me and a Raven goes red right off.  I wait till I'm in low shield to see if the Tengu engages but decided to swap before the Basilisk goes boom.  I swap to the Legion and start raping the Raven,  who promptly decides to engage back.  The tengu also engages.  I start hitting him hard, but he is strangely heavily shield buffered and manages to deagress and dock at low shield. I then swap to the jaguar and burn after the tengu but he manages to warp just outside of warp disruptor range.  Damn.  Ah well, at least I got shot!

So I returned to my safe spot, jumped in my cheetah and started to scan for more battleships.  That's when I scanned down this russian bloke in a dominix!  I thought what the hell, it's been a good day, lets make it better!  In the jaguar again and I warped off to bug the damn ruskies!  Well, the Dominix was in the second room of his Angel Extravaganza and I stole the one wreck that was there.  He was not happy!  I tested his auto-lock (which works =P) and he shot the wreck right as I started looting it.  He then boxed me and sent drones after me!  WOOT!  Point, orbit at 22km and shoot drones!  He recalled his drones quickly though and then popped Warden I's.

Wat!?

I thought he was going to keep on doing the mission but he apparently decided that I couldn't kill the drones from 22km away.  Derp.  He derped even more when he decided not to align.  He finally started to get smart again and deployed his Hobgoblin II's again, though he still didn't get some movement going.  As the Orca entered warp on the second gate, I burned right at him and swapped before he realized what was happening.

Then the tricky part came.  How do you ransom a guy who doesn't speak English while: trying to keep him alive (my neut killed any chance he had at tanking the rats), Watching your own cap, using google translate to check what he is saying and what I am saying, oh and checking your wallet/log to see that he pays or doesn't self destruct.

It's hard, but he finally payed me 18 million ISK and then I popped him.  I got a nice little surprise from the drop, I did not expect the faction armor repper!

That was my afternoon yesterday.  Oh and I popped a Sansha mothership (Event in New Caldari on Jita Gate which we were trying to fuck with) and got on a -10 guy's typhoon loss mail.  Altogether a good day to be a ninja!

Fly dangerously,

Hianmar

No comments:

Post a Comment