8.10.2011

Wahoo!

Ok, so I was bored today and decided to scan and mission runner gank for myself (What?).  It turned out to be an excellent idea!

First person I scanned down was missioning in a Caldari Navy Raven with his friend in a Hurricane.  The CNR could shoot me, the hurricane could not.  Now, they weren't altogether happy with my unannounced arrival and decided that they would party somewhere else, like at Aunia II at approx. 30km from the warp in.

I was bored and not expecting much of a response I locked and quickly unlocked the CNR, which tests for auto-lock.  About a minute later, I notice missiles flying into my Harpy!  He shot me!! So I overloaded my point for two cycles (Range of 32km!), burned towards him and proceeded to pop his drones one by one with my blasters of doom.  Then the Orca arrived and I burned into a tight orbit to hold him down tighter, which was unnecessary as he did not move at all.

In all the excitement, I failed to my attempt at a ransom by being to franc (I notice pointing out the value of the ship to the pilot and going 20% under that helps).  So he had to be killed.  Easy 100 million ISK.

Daron Gekh, an old friend of mine from my n00bier days in EVE learned a quick lesson on why PvP in a PvE ship is dangerous, I had him into low armor after convincing him to fight my little assault frigate.  Now he knows better =P

However, as he paid my ransom he lived to mission another day in his Dominix Navy Issue... he's also alive because he's a friend.

My second and final kill of the night was an Apocalypse who I did the same trick to as the CNR with the auto-lock.  He too did not wish to pay a ransom and as he went into low armor he decided to self-destruct, so I melted him quickly too.  He had a Megathron friend on D-Scan for a while, but he was a no show to the party =(

So that was my night, a fairly eventful and fun one =D

Fly Dangerously,

Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment