8.15.2011

Double Dipping (is bad for your health)

So I was operating solo today, playing around and just generally trying to get shot in Auvergne, when a Megathron lets loose on my little harpy from 40km away!  I was like, oh shit!  That's 7km out of my point range and he's already aligned! 

But he was hitting my hard (I was not moving) and he decided that he was going to be able to kill me due to the fact that he popped drones.  Well, he was wrong.  The harpy burned fast and I overloaded my point to 33.2 km and was able to point him without him warping off.  I then murdered all his drones as his salvage alt warped off.  Still, there was the problem of him being still aligned. 

Enter MWD-Skirmish-Link-Orca.  Top speed, 365 m/s.  I burned the Orca approximately 70km away from him, aligned toward the station as well before turning around and burning back along his path of travel to bump him superbly out of alignment.  A quick swap to the Legion soon had him sitting in his pod, though I barely killed him before self-destruct (20 seconds left on the clock!).

As I swapped back to the Harpy I hit D-Scan just in case and sure enough I saw a Myrmidon and Retribution on scan!  These guys want to party!  So I refreshed aggro and warped back to the beginning of the mission but the retribution was gone and the Myrmidon bugged out a moment later, so I went back into mission to get my scan ship when the Myrmidon and a Thrasher show up on D-Scan!  Sounds like fun!

Well, as it turns out, Thrashers can have one hell of a buffer and my Harpy was soon toasted on the Dessy's hot autocannons.  The megathron pilot got his revenge, successfully killing my frigate.  I was too hasty and was eager for another kill on this guy who I thought was fairly stupid at that point.  My bad.  Moral? Don't double dip...

But it doesn't matter: I'd trade a 20 million ISK loss for a 140 million ISK kill any day. Anyway, it was an excellent and thrilling fight and he got his revenge in a thoroughly non-insulting way: an honorable 1v1. 

Plus, that loss also gave me an excuse to liquidate 300 million worth of loot in my Orca, so cheers! =D

Fly dangerously,

Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment