7.25.2011

I Fail (or Why I hate Rattlesnakes)

I fail at blogging =D  Its been over two months (at least) since my last blogpost and I hope I haven't lost my single reader.

Fuck...

Anyway, there is really no point in listing everything that has happened over the past two months, only the highlights. 

I bought a Legion.  My third T3 that I can fly and the second in my collection: It joins the Tengu in the Ranks of epic gank ships.  725 DPS + 108K EHP makes this thing a beast. My Tengu was converted about a month ago to pew pew, 450 DPS + 500 DPS Active Tank (Mini-Sleipnir).  The Legion has already tasted blood >:)

I have learned to hate Rattlesnakes.  My current batting average vs. Rattlers is a 0.333 including my encounter of just a few minutes ago.

They just fuck with me.  My first one I went to shot me (yay!) and I ransomed it (yay!) and killed it (yay!).  Lots of ISK for me (I bought my legion (yay!)).  That was all well and good, but the ship was fail fit.  I had not truly tested my ganking ability against the might of the rattler.

Enter Chinfist, Rattlesnake Pilot extraordinaire, who decided to aggro me and bring in friends.  First, a jiggy jaguar which I scared off with my jaguar.  He still hadn't shot me yet so I went about and ate his wrecks up for him (nom nom nom) when Jaguar friend brings in a rupture and opens up on me.  Chinfist also lets loose his evil drones.  It was smooth as any gank is supposed to be.  I scared the shit out of the ruppy with my jaguar, got the Rattler pointed and swapped ships.

Then I started shooting the rattler.  I think I lost about 80 mil on this gank.   15 on Ammunition and 69 mil to my 3 suicide gank pilots who tried to help me through the freaking shields of the rattler who conveniently came back from afk in time to cylce his invuln 3 or 4 times.  Fucker.

Thats reason #1 for hating rattlers.

Tonight, I lost my faithful and first ever (on hian at least) assault ship.  I loved that jaguar, so much that I thought it ballsy to fly around with only 35% structure left.  That proved to be my downfall.

This second rattle also had a friend, in a dramiel and I royally fucked up.  I should have called for reps as soon as I saw the dramiel on D-Scan but I thought my corpmates, who were getting updates by the minute, would realize that they had to come in when I saw him on grid.  Stupid Stupid Hianmar.  The Rattler had 3 Webbing drones (60% webs) and the dramiel had a web (50%).  Together they fucked my little Jaguar so hard that it broke!  They even stole the salvage =(

Probably the worst part (for me) was my jaguar popped right as my logi friend landed on grid with me, which means I may have been able to live if I had repaired my Jaguar.

Ah well, lesson learned.  Always repair your ships.

Fly Dangerously,
Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment