7.27.2011

Null Sec again??

While many of us don't like Incarna, the Ninja's of EVE witnessed a nerfing of our income of the past few months. 

Perhaps the first nerf to Ninja income, but one that most won't be seen complaining about, is the new rigs.  But it was the start of the lowering of salvage prices to the point where one can barely get by via ninjaing.  Then came the Noctis.  This little "designated salvage" vessel takes no skill whatsoever to outstrip a ninja.  It also flooded the market with salvage which lowered prices.

Another nerf, little known perhaps, was the fuck up with the Orca swapping.  Some ninja's use this practice to "hot swap" to a gank ship in space.  Normal "orca swaps" took the ship you were flying, put it in the bay for you and automatically boarded the new ship for you.  However, with the accidental nerf the ship you were flying would be left in space.  Most inconvenient.  This put a great many ninja's off their game for about a week, including myself.

The third and perhaps most annoying nerf was to scanning.  I have Astrometics 4 and the support skills at 2 or 3.  This used to be fine during the pre-Incarna days.  I could scan down almost any ship within 2 or 3 scans.  Now it is nigh impossible for me to scan anything and the people with excellent skills are finding it difficult as well.  This was supposed to be an improvement, but it only helps those with optimum skills.

Either way, I am not amused with Incarna or Ninjaing at this point.  I have another set of skills to get up 5/4/4/4 now since EVE is being stupid, which means remapping and all that jazz, none of which I am currently prepared to do as I still have many ships, guns and missiles to train for :)

Depending on my mood in the coming weeks, I may be returning to null security space, this time with TEST.  Several ninja's in corp have already joined and they seem to be having fun.  I may send an alt out there, I may send my main or I may send everyone out there.  I really don't know.

I am currently trying to decide, bear with me here =/

Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

PS: If any one in TEST is a reader, pleas

No comments:

Post a Comment