10.01.2010

CTAs (Again)

As I return from yet another CTA (Call to Arms), I think I have come to a conclusion on my feelings for them.  They are just too boring.  Sure, if there is nothing else going on, I'll head out on the drake fleet to shoot a few POS's, just to keep my kill mails up and such but otherwise there usually isn't enough to do before I go to bed (2-3 Hours into the Op).  Maybe this isn't enough time, but at the moment, it's all I have to give to them.

What strikes me as the most boring part is that your shooting things that don't present a challenge.  It's worse than missioning, at least there you have a goal, an objective and a reward.   CTA's are quite dull, and I really wish there would be something to make the boring act of shooting a POS interesting.  Maybe this means using a capitol ship (Dread/Carrier) or flying tackle to guard the gates.  But sitting on the target with a drake is soooo dull.  Especially when your 150-250 compadres spook off any chance of organized resistance. 

So it is because of this that I have come up with my own, lowly opinions on changes that would make CTA's more enjoyable.
1) Save POS bashing for the Capitols.  Yeah, sure, a 150 man drake fleet can easily help the caps by taking out guns and utilities, but it is annoying.  Capitols can take out the guns in a matter of seconds, not minutes.
2) Instead of one massive support fleet, send out several smaller "Hunter-Killer" Gangs to sweep the surrounding systems for Reds and Neuts.  They will be in smaller gangs which will appeal to reds to attack, while at the same time maintaining a close distance to the target system so as to return if the capitol fleet needs help.  This gives you a little more action and at the very least you are doing something that is more likely to get you into a fight.

I'm sure there are probably more, but as my eyelids are drooping and my bed beckons, I think its time to end this post. 

So hurrah to the Northern Collation (BFF!) boys (and girls) out there working there butts off to hit the enemy where it counts, and to the rest of you: Hoping your days are prosperous and a fight is never far away. 

Hianmar, a.k.a. The EVE Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment