10.03.2010

Pitch Forks and Randomness

I think everyone should keep a pitchfork in their hanger.  And by pitch fork I don't mean a literal pitch fork, I mean a ship you will readily go out into battle to defend your system with and not care if it goes boom.  This makes it much easier when your put in the "We need shield logi's and battlecruisers ASAP at a safe POS in *-*.  Intercepting a hostile gang that is x jumps out" to respond "Ok, who has a warp in?"  Thus you get to have fun not far from home!

Today was one of those days I got to take my pitch fork out for a spin and my pitch fork is a drake.  Mainly because our fleets seem to be mostly shield/speed ships possibly because they are good at what they do but more likely because they are cheap.  I took out my second drake that I've purchased since my time in 0.0, one that has seen many engagements and made it out alive, and threw it at the Darkside gang we were engaging.  Sadly, today was not one of those times, when despite our superior fleet numbers, we still got our ass handed to us.  Well, it was probably more even since half our people will still docked or doing whatever.  So my trusty Crimson Tide III was popped due to being the apparent subject of the enemy fleets missiles, but not before I managed to get some blood and guts smeared on her hull.

So I went and reshipped into my "slightly" smaller and less reliable atron; which under gate camp situations is a fine ship for playing tackle but in the drone laden battlefield of the small gang fight is an easy target for drones.  I decided, given that T2 drones rape T1 Frigates, to play warping games while acting as an additional tackle against the speedy and hard hitting darksiders, managing to hop onto a tempest kill.  There's three more kills for my increasingly pathetic looking kill board.  I think I'm averaging a kill a day, though sadly 15 of them were on day 1 (I think).

RL fun is winding down (I've been taking SCUBA lessons for the past month), so I should have more time during the weekdays especially for more fun and games.  Along with that, I can now fly my first T2 ship: the basilisk.  So now I can play logistics with fleets who so often seem to need them.  I have no problem skipping off kill mails (See my killboard =P), but my skills are a bit lacking.  Ah well, another week for fitting them right isn't so bad.  And then it's time for my last few skills till remap!  Hurray!

Hoping your days are prosperous and a fight is never too far away,

Hianmar, a.k.a. The EVE Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment