9.21.2010

First Post!

Well, I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite a bit of time, ever since I started reading those of the wonderful members of the blog pack.  So here goes!

First about me!  I've been playing eve for about a year now, and have a great love of the game.  Its just one of those things that is so awesome it kicks ass.  I started out as most of us did, thinking the only way to have fun in the game was to make money, and so I mined like a silly noob for many of my early days, occasionally venturing into the deep and scary realms of low sec and null.  Quite soon after this time, I joined a PvE corporation who taught me the ways of earning the mega ISK.  This was fun, saving up for cool ships I'd fly once or twice but then just let sit in my hanger as I saved up for the next one.  It was only in the last month that I decided I'd had enough of the carebear life, and decided to go discover the realm of PvP.

I joined a corporation in the Wildly Inappropriate Alliance (WIdot), and have met a great crew of people.  Its a null (0.0) alliance, and so I've been gradually learning about all the different and confusing mechanics of null sec tactics.  Granted I'm not very good at the "pew pew" but the few fights I've been on have been entertaining and totally worth it, getting on some 15 kill mails in one night!  I have also made plenty of stupid mistakes, including jumping into a hostile gate camp with my alt (By by hauler and hello pod express!) and warping at 0 to a station when there were 10 reds in system and intel was screaming "BUBBLES ON STATION"!.  Needless to say i did make it to my destination that time, just minus my ship and a head full of implants.  Basically I've learned that not checking intel and/or local equals death and a free ride on the pod express.  But all in all, its been great fun.  I have several more ships waiting to get into fights and eventually go boom, including my a RR Dominix that I've always wanted to fly for reals in PvP, especially now with my T2 drones at 90% of max possible dps!

My goals for the future are to obtain a carrier and use that till it dies as well.  I also hope to be able to fly all T2 Gallente ships at that point with excellent skills, and possibly those of the Caldari.  This of course is months away, and this is just my general plan for my EVE skills. 

So I think that's enough now for my first post.  You get a generally a good idea of where I've come from and maybe a vague idea of where I'm going, which is better than what I have.

Anyway, hoping your days are prosperous and a fight is never far away,

Hianmar a.k.a. The EVE Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment