9.21.2010

Stupidity is a Bubble

I think that all of the Capsuleers that go into null eventually do something stupid, usually in the first few weeks of their living there.  And as I joined my new corporation, I new undoubtedly that I would do something stupid that would get me killed.  So I did not buy any ships worth more than 60 mil, made sure my clone was up-to-date at ALL times and had the intel channel for my current region opened and viewable at any given time. 

I was prepared for the mistake that was to come, and I tried my hardest to avoid it, but I didn't count on bubbles.  Those things are awesome when they're on your side, and they are the bane of the 0.0 noob when they are not.  First, lets get some basic bubble principals down:
1) You cannot warp in a bubble, regardless of who put it up.
2) You cannot warp your pod in a bubble.  So if your ship goes pop, and your still in bubble, your pod will also go pop because its slow and cannot (probably) burn out of the bubbles range.
3) You can use MWD's and AB's in the bubble, but there are probably unfriendly ships there to ruin your day.

So so far 80% of my losses so far have been due to the evil bane of the bubble.  Oh, and all those were also because I forgot to check intel.  STUPID!  And that is counting pods.  Basically, if you jump into a bubbled gate, your best bet is to burn either out or to a gate.  Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't.

So just check intel, and don't do anything too stupid and expect to get away with it.

Hoping your days are prosperous and a fight is never too far away,

Hianmar, a.k.a. The EVE Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment