9.25.2010

POS Bashing

A couple of nights ago I had the opportunity to go on a roam for the first time in a few days (I've been very busy in RL), so I was pretty happy to finally get out on some alliance pew pew action.

Until I found what we were doing.  One of our scouts found an offline Evoke POS, and our FC decided to go shoot at it.  Sounds like fun, right?

Well maybe if your drunk/high, as some of the fleet was at the time.  For me, it was really boring.  It eats up missiles, you do high damage for your ship, and you it takes about two hours with a 40 man gang.  BORING!  Especially since no one decided to come retaliate.  It may be fun if you drop in a couple of carriers or dreads, which asks for another fleet to come and attack.  That would have been fun, and we would have gotten some kills.

But alas, it was not to be.  In their inebriated state, our FC's decided not to risk it.  So half an hour later and about 20% into the POS's shields, I decided to hit the sack and traveled the 6 jumps back to friendly space.

I have to say I was disappointed, for multiple reasons.  One, there was no resistance.  Two, there was very little action (we got bombed once by one bomber...).  And three, it took forever.  So fleets to avoid, POS bashing with battle-cruisers.

Anyway, I hope your days are prosperous and a fight is never far away.

Hianmar, a.k.a. The EVE Gamer

PS- Long range targeting 5 in 6 days 16 hours.  That means its logi time!!


PPS- Oh yeah, and I am a few days away from a Falcon (after logi of course), but even longer to fit.  I really can't wait to give this bad boy a test. I just need cov ops 4 and cloaking 4.  Thats about 6 days too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment