4.09.2011

Why I Hate Drakes

This evening -whoops- morning, I engaged my first ever attempt at a solo mission runner ganking with my PvP Drake. 

As it was my first time using the Orca-Hotswap technique, I decided to just go for it and see what happens.  It looked like just a solo noob mission runner running a mission alone, with a noctis alt cleaning up after him.

The only problem was that my opponent was in a drake.  Three drakes in fact, as he warped all three of his characters (I'm 99% sure they were his alts) in to aid him.  Despite the fact that all the characters were about five months old or younger, they still could tank at their best 550 DPS, which is what my drake does.  Then they popped my drones with their drones (which is weird because I thought I'd popped them all with my hawk) before starting to slowly eat through my 60k EHP buffer.  At about 50% shields I knew that if I didn't get help, my drake would die.  I didn't want to just stow my ship because I knew that if I did, I might have the problem of the ship popping due to damage mechanics.  So I shouted in a ninja public channel for RR and I was promptly assisted. 

However, by the time he actually warped in, I was in armor with my drake.  Sadface!  While I was busy getting RR, I had to reload, which meant I stopped firing.  The three drakes took this to mean I was going to let them go (they had no points, I had one of them pointed).  There was a little delay with the RR which thankfully was not a problem due to my previous statement. 

When I finally got my RR on me, I re-engaged the newest character only to find that he had an equal tanking ability to all his fellows.  This sucked.

Then they shot my RR friend in his osprey, so he warped out.  Then their damage came back on me and I went into hull!  I warped away -no points, remember?- and promptly bounced to my safe. 

All of this was an hour full of standoffs, coordinated dual boxing warp-in's while shooting the drones of three drakes.  The worst bit was I tanked all three of them better in my Hawk.

So if you ever wonder why I hate drakes from now on, that's why.

Night/Morning,

Hianmar, a.k.a. TheEVEGamer

Hianmar

No comments:

Post a Comment