3.06.2011

The Thorax...

My Second Thorax
is badass.  I'm in love, not only cause it looks badass but because it performs extremely well.  Just look at it, bristling with turrets and shining with glorious power.  And for the 30,000,000 ISK it costs to fit one well, you get 20,000 EHP, 450 DPS, and enough speed to run like hell if you have to. 

My first trial of this beastly craft was in trawling the n00b systems around the Essence Region of Gallente Space for any small mining corps that might be interested in a fight.  This is a glorified explanation of my can tipping a few miners.  All seemed uneventful, for the miners either panicked at the sight of a fully loaded Thorax and fled or just ignored me.  Business was slow and there were other can tipper in the area so I enlisted the help of a Rifter pilot to scout out and get people agressed, having him drop the stolen loot in his own can.  This still proved fruitless.  I was about to give up when I spotted an Iteron Mark IV mining and dropping his ore in a can. 

What the F@#K? 

So I stole the can, but the Iteron just sat there munching on his rock like a catepillar with no other care in the world.  He pops another can.   I steal it too.  He still does nothing.  This goes on for about 5 minutes until I send a rather wordy EVE mail basically saying that he either has to take the god damn can or suffer a war dec from my corp. 

He takes my can, and promptly warp scrambles me.  I retaliate, locking him and scrambling him as well as launching my flight of Hammerhead II's.  As the Iteron died a foolish death of antimatter charges and hammerhead drones an Ishtar warped in, red boxed me and proceeded to neut my cap and unleash unholy fire at my poor little cruiser.  What did I do to deserve this?

It is needless to say that my Thorax died in a ball of fire.  I tried to take down the Ishtar (which was fielding navy ogres, the nerve of him!), but it was not to be.  There were GF's in local, and then i warped to station to collect my Velator and then get my loots (Isthar didn't take it).  If I had flown an Ishtar, I probably would have won that fight.  But the Thorax did an admirable job fighting two enemies at once, while being neuted, scrambled, webbed and shot at.  I got about 10% into the Ishtar's armor, but then my dps dropped to zilch as I encountered his crazy high thermal resistances. 

Hats off to the brave and valiant Thorax, a cruiser without fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment